Friday 24 September 2010

Reflection on my ideas

Idea number 1: Sikh History- What happened in 1984-

My first idea is about the Sikh genocide which took place in 1984 and I aim going to be looking at who is to blame for the attack, what the aim of the attack was, how long it went on for and how it has affected people now.

Positive Points-

-My idea is for both genders.
-This idea can educate and inform the audience.

Negative Points-

-I didn’t have a key message for the documentary.
-I need to entertain the target audience.
-My documentary could offend people.

Improvements-

-I need a key question which the documentary will answer.
-There need to be a way in which the audience can engage with it rather than jus learning from it.

This feedback has gave me more ideas on what I can do and made me think more about my documentary idea and I need a keys idea.


Idea Number 2: Sikh religion- What is a Sikh?

Positive points-

-It’s not similar to the other ideas
-It fits the BBC remit of educate and inform.

Negative points-

-My documentary could offend people.
-I need to change the idea a bit.

Improvements-

-I could get someone else from another culture to ask questions.
-I could get someone from a different culture and dress them up as a Sikh.
-I could do a documentary on what a Sikh is and where it comes from and what their faith means to them.
- I need to start at a level which no one would know about the subject.

This feedback has gave me more ideas on what I can do instead of my actually idea as it might not work as well and made me think more about my documentary idea and I was told I would focus on something much more simply to do with Sikhism, a different angle like what a Sikh is.


Idea Number 3: Video Games- How violence affects teenagers

Positive points-

-This idea was the most viable out of all three.
-It fits the BBC remit.
-This was my strongest idea.

Negative points-

-It wouldn’t suit the target audience.
-This topic is not too clear.

Improvements-

-I need to change some of the people I use in this documentary as they are under age.
-I need more research on the topic.
-I could talk to the police to ask if they see any difference.
-I need to make a lot of contacts.

This feedback has given me more ideas on who I can contact and what for and what questions i could ask. It has helped me find out what was missing from the documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment